Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mr. Evans' Most Anticipated Albums of 2012: Live from the Underground

I won't lie, when I first heard about Big K.R.I.T., I completely judged him and figured he was just another Southern Hip Hop "rapper." However, all that changed when I was in the car bumpin' shade45, and "Country Shit (Remix)" came on. I immediately scrunched up my face and mean-mugged uncontrollably for the 4 minutes that ensued. As soon as the DJ said, "that was that brand new Big K.R.I.T., 'Country Shit (Remix)'", I knew I had to investigate. I immediately downloaded his first mixtape "K.R.I.T. Wuz Here," and the mixtape that he had just released at that time, "Return of 4Eva." To say I was pleasantly surprised is an understatement; K.R.I.T. brought me back to the days of Pimp C, with his funky, yet soulful southern-flavored Hip Hop. K.R.I.T., who is now signed to Def Jam, is due to release his upcoming album Live from the Underground in July. Details have been few and far between, but it's certain that he'll bring the heat.



Album Release Date: Summer 2012

If you haven't heard K.R.I.T.'s newest mixtape, 4Eva N A Day, check it out below.
Big K.R.I.T.- 4Eva N A Day

No comments:

Post a Comment