Monday, April 14, 2008

Surviving The Times


So, being my first post, I figure I should start off by telling a bit about myself, but I don't want to. The way I see it, you can tell the man by what's going through his headphones. The one thing I will say is that I do not enjoy what I hear comin' out of other peoples speakers. The list goes on and on. Fortunately there are people like myself, and my best friend the Young G of many names, his most recent being Orlando Magic, who stay true to the classics.

I've got well over 500 songs prior to 1998, and I'm always finding new shit to pump through the speakers. Things by De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Naughty by Nature, Run DMC, The Sugarhill Gang, Kool Moe Dee, Eric B. & Rakim, Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, Jazzy Jeff. The list goes on and on.

When you're born after 1990, you miss out on all the good stuff. I'd like to end this with a quote from one of the best rap groups of all time, Run DMC.

"If you really think about it times aren't that bad.
The one that stretches for success will make you glad.
Stop playing, start praying, you won't be sad.
It's like that, and that's the way it is."


I'll leave you with some of the best classics you gotta check out:

Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest
Me, Myself, and I - De La Soul
Rapper's Delight - The Sugarhill Gang
Wild Wild West - Kool Moe Dee
Children's Story - Slick Rick
You Be Illin' - Run DMC
Brass Monkey - The Beastie Boys
Feel Me Flow - Naughty By Nature
Bonita Applebum - A Tribe Called Quest
My Melody - Eric B. & Rakim
The Magic Number - De La Soul
Bust A Move - Young M.C.
My Adidas - Run DMC
O.P.P. - Naughty By Nature
Awards Tour - Jurassic Five
Ain't No Half Steppin' - Big Daddy Kane
My Philosophy - KRS-One
Momma Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
Gangsta's Paradise - Coolio
Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot
Humpty Dance - Digital Underground
Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty by Nature
Lets Get Married - Jagged Edge
Hypnotize - Notorious B.I.G.
You Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
No Diggity - Blackstreet
This Is How We Do It- Montell Jordan

Check me out here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment