Tuesday, February 23, 2010

'Cause DJ Quik's More Gifted Than Santa


If there's one producer/artist who doesn't get the attention he deserves, it has to be DJ Quik. Quik has been killin' it for years, and is one of my favorite producers (he, too, will get his own post for "Behind the Boards"). Quik, like Dr. Dre, is not only known for his production abilities, but his immaculately clear and crisp mixes. Unfortunately, until Quik teamed up with fellow West Coast MC, AMG, a lot of people my age had not heard of him. Together as The Fixxers, Quik and AMG released "Can U Werk With Dat," which ended up becoming a pretty popular song. My favorite song that they released together was "Trouble," which was and still is a dope track. I've posted the video for it, below...


The main reason I decided to do a post on DJ Quik is a few months ago he and Kurupt, of The Dogg Pound, released an album called BlaQKout, to some pretty rave reviews. It seems to have flown under the radar, so I felt it was only right to give a solid album and a legend in the game some shine.

DJ Quik & Kurupt- "9x's Outta 10"

DJ Quik & Kurupt- "Do You Know"

No comments:

Post a Comment