Monday, February 01, 2010

Miscellaneous Post of the Day

This morning, two highly anticipated mixtapes dropped, and both have created quite a buzz since leaking just a few hours ago. B.o.B. (who I'm going to do a "Who's Next" post on soon) released his May 25th mixtape, which features production from Kanye West as well as The Alchemist. May 25th represents his release date for his upcoming album The Adventures of Bobby Ray.


For the longest time, I overlooked Bun B as an MC. I dunno why, but for whatever reason I never got into UGK until a couple years ago. This morning, Bun released his new mixtape No Mixtape. From what I've heard so far, Bun is most definitely on his A-game. I'm not a big fan of southern synthesized beats (I prefer funked out samples a la Pimp C and OutKast, at least when it comes to southern Hip Hop), but Bun keeps it 'trill' all the way through.


Last but not least, the people over at Dame Dash's "Creative Control," released a video of The Cool Kids and Jay Electronica killin' it at DD172's 'Under 100' venue. It's a cool vid, so check it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment