Sunday, February 07, 2010

Miscellaneous Post of the Day


I've been slacking with my posts this week, so I decided to bring you all some heat on this Super Bowl Sunday. A couple days ago, a song leaked from Rick Ross' camp, and it was believed to be "Maybach Music 3," but it turns out the song is called "Veteran's Day," and it's off of Ross' new CD,
Teflon Don. It features Lil Wayne & Birdman, with J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League doing the work behind the boards. The song is fire so check it out.


I'm pumped to buy Freeway & Jake One's new collaboration album, The Stimulus Package. First of all, the packaging is one of the coolest I've seen in years, and all the songs that have leaked are dope. Here's another heater that leaked recently...


Here's a video promoting that album...


As I've stated before, I'm actually pretty excited for Erykah Badu's new album, New
Amerykah Pt. 2: Return of the Ankh. Now, we have the first official single... a real smooth,
soulful track called "Window Seat." It's exactly the kind of song I'd like to listen to on a
Sunday afternoon, and what I've come to expect from Ms. Badu.


36 Years ago, today, James "Jay Dee aka J Dilla" Yancey was born. Although Dilla-Dawg
passed away four years ago, his music continues to live on. His production is what made
me fall in love with Hip Hop and I definitely miss hearing new stuff from him. Although
I'm sure he has plenty of beats locked away in the archives, it's sad to know that he'll
never make a new beat again. In his honor, I decided to post the video of one of my favorite
Dilla songs, "Won't Do," below.

No comments:

Post a Comment