Monday, August 07, 2006

The Only Thing Goin' Down Is His Career


Yung Joc has been gaining popularity on the mainsteam level, with most of his sucess attributed to his involvement in the rap group Boyz N Da Hood, while his street-cred is being constantly questioned, even as far as being named on one of the three wackest rappers by the Game himself, along with many other rap critics. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed It's Going Down and was even more satisfied when I discovered Like This with Marques Houston, which I personally consider one of the better rap and r&b compilations of the year.

Judging by Joc's newest release, I Know You See It, I see his future falling off to be eminent because of his elementary rap style and whack commercial beats.

The Pro's (The term's used loosley.)
Yung Joc - Its Goin' Down
Marques Houston ft. Yung Joc - Like This

The Con's (and I'm not talkin' fellonies.)
Yung Joc - I Know You See It
The Rest of New Joc City

No comments:

Post a Comment