Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Tribute To Skateboard P


Although he has just released his debut solo album, Pharrell Williams of the Neptunes is nothing new to the industry. He has helped produce primarly hit hip-hop tracks for major artists like Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, the Clipse, and Slim Thug, among many others totalling more than 30 artists. His success with singles and releases, including those from his newest album, In My Mind, seem to be hit or miss with most listeners. With his unique beats and catchy lyricm Skateboard P has emerged as a highly talented entertainer.

On top of his musical exploits, Pharrell has dabbled into other fields including a clothing line, the Billionaire Boys Club, a skateboard line, Ice Cream Skate Line, to which he's signed professional skaters including his younger brother, and a record lable, Star Trak Entertainment.

"I put Snoop in the coupe, I put Slim in the Slab."
"Trust me, P is no pimp. See I got heavy pockets, so I walk with a limp."
-Pharrell Williams

Here's a sampling of some of my favorite new releases from the genius himself.

From In My Mind:
Pharrell - Raspy Shit
Pharrell ft. Slim Thug - Keep It Playa
Pharrell ft. Daddy Yankee - Mamacita (cut from the final release)
Pharrell ft. Kanye West - Number One

Other drops:
Ludacris ft. Pharrell - Money Maker
The Clipse ft. Pharrell - Mr. Me Too
Sleepy Brown ft. Pharrell, Big Boi - Margarita
Slim Thug ft. Pharrell - Already Platinum

No comments:

Post a Comment