Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wild for Idlewild





Anyone else looking forward to the release of Idlewild, and I'm not talking the movie? Well I can't wait to see what Kast has up their sleeves this time, and I'm just hoping that they don't end up letting me down, especially considering that this may be the last we see of the poet and the pimp together as one. It will be interesting to see if they can meet that HeyYa-level, although the 11 million Speakerboxxx/Love Below albums sold will be hard to match.

As you listen to the tracks you may notice what I noticed. As Big Boi keeps getting better, Dre continues to get frutier, but thats what we like about the pair, right? A catchy, new sound everytime they drop. Although it took twenty minutes for leaks like The Might "O" to be all over the internet and twenty days for it to hit the radio, I am always happy to keep sharing new shit from the fellas.

[Andre 3000] adds that he doesn't know how OutKast, with its ever-evolving, envelope-pushing sound, has managed to stay on top of its game for so long: "The only way I can explain how we've stayed on this long with switching and changing is, it's a power that we have nothing to do with. I mean, that's true. A lot of times I write lyrics and come up with melodies and music and write songs and I don't even know where it's coming from. So I guess it's because we're supposed to be doing it."
-HipHopMusic.com Interview


Idlewild's:

Outkast - The Mighty "O"
Big Boi ft. Scar, Sleepy Brown - Morris Brown
Outkast ft. Lil’ Wayne, Snoop Dogg - Hollywood Divorce
Big Boi ft. Scar & Sleepy Brown - The Train

Throwback Track:
Outkast - So Fresh and So Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment