Monday, August 14, 2006

You Want The Realness, Well, I Gotcha


This summer has been full of new music I've come across, and like always theres that music that passes and the occasional songs that stick. This isn't a tribute to those persay, but its a post displaying some of the songs I've encoutered during my 10 day stay in the Sunshine State and over the rest of my summer vacation. These mostly catchy tunes caught my ear and I guess are worth sharing. I'm talking about these songs that may not be getting the airplay they deserve, so you're not going to see any Shoulder Lean here.


Lupe Fiasco - I Gotcha
Media-named "Future of Hip-Hop" and Fader Magazine proclamined "Hip-Hop Wiz Kid" Lupe throws it down nice as usual. I'm definately looking forward to Food and Liquor, out September 19th. Catchy beat, classic Lupe. Keep 'em coming.

Rick Ross - Push It
Ross spits over a recycled Scarface beat. Worth Hustlin' status? - you tell me.

Ray Cash - Bumpin' My Music
Early Summer song, but it's still worth mentioning.

The Game - One Blood
I find the first single off his sophomore album, the Doctor's Advocate, to be impressive, but its no Hate It or Love It. I'm anxious to hear if the Cali Kid can do it again, even without the help of Fitty.

Young Jibbs - Do Your Chain Hang Low
It's the kids during the hook that really get me. Plus, no one can ever get enough of these songs devoted to bling.

Triple X - Hater Blockers On
Hater blockers, stunna shades, whatever. They're all sunglasses to me. You got 'em on?

Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
Who knows why I enjoy this song. Maybe it's because I can relate. Love the sampling and display of different subgenres of hip-hop.

Talib Kweli - What I Feel
Love Talib, decent song.

Jurassic 5 - Where We At
"I heard brothas say J5, man, them niggas ain't shit." I beg to differ. Lyrical mastery.

Inspectah Deck - Do My Thing
It's good to see the Wu still alive.

Rhymefest ft. Kanye West - More
Another Chi-Town rapper and another good song. "The entire concept behind my project is to fight the wackness that 'rap' has become. There are enough people trying to be gangsters without me going that route. What we need in hip-hop right now are rappers who are both truthful and entertaining." -Rhymefest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment