Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Got A Bandana Wrapped Right Around His Neck


I got a nice little mix of mostly new songs that I've been bumpin' most recently. You know I always got the re-up, and I'm going put a few words to each of the songs so you know what I think of 'em. Questions, comments, and requests always welcome, and soon you may see a debut post from a few d-boys helpin' me out.

Apathy - You Look Like You Come From The 80's : I only wish this song was longer because he ripped shit up and he's right on.
Cassidy - Drink N 2 Step Remix (ft. Kanye West, Swizz Beatz, Ne-Yo) : Amped up version of the original banger with some of your favorites.
Chamillionaire - Won't Let You Down Remix (ft. Slim Thug, Paul Wall, Mike Jones, Trae, Bun, Pimp C, Z-Ro) : Take Chamillionaire, one of my favorite southern rappers, and throw in practically every other big down south name.
The Clipse - Cheers (ft. Pharrell, DJ Drama) : Not much of an upbeat track, but it's definately got it goin' on lyrically. They got the re-up.
Freeway - Its Over : As rare as a track from him has been, it's always nice to hear a rapper like himself come out again after a mixtapin' hiatus.
G. Love & Special Sauce - Banger (ft. Blackalicious) : Not the traditional song to post, but Blackalicious is no joke and I've always enjoyed G. Love.
Ghostface Killah - Barrell Brothers (ft. Beanie Sigel,Styles P) : Ghost' is back yet again, and though I'm not all that impressed so far by The Big Doe Rehad, this track is aight.
Hi-Tek - My Piano (ft. Ghostface Killah, Raekwon, Dion) : Probably the most hood a song with pianos can get. Hi-Tek knows what he's doing.
Lil' Wayne - Dying : Listening to this track with some friends rappin' along side is one of the most entertaining things a brotha can do.
Ludacris - Ludacrismas : How can Luda stay so gutter while rappin' about the holiday season?
Lupe Fiasco - The Coolest : The Cool's tracks show that Lupe isn't gettin' any less deeper and he's not dumbin' it down for any of us. I even get lost.
Memphis Bleek - Breakfast : The ROC is strong in this one. Shouts to Kanye.
The Mighty Underdogs - Gunfight (ft. MF Doom, Myron, Glaster, G-Koop) : Another obscure sounding track, but these dudes might just have me lookin' for more shit by this new "rap" group.
Murs - Better Than The Rest : Murs has the respect of many underground enthusiasts and this song helps us understand why.
Outkast - Da Art Of Storytellin' Part 4 (ft. Marsha Ambrosius, DJ Drama) : 'Kast has always been tight, and they always know how to mix things up a bit in these days of commercial rap.
Rick Ross - Street Money (ft. Flo-Rida) : Ross spits that dope as white as it comes, and Flo' is a nice touch.
Saigon - Come On Baby Remix (ft. Jay-Z, Swizz Beatz) : I felt the original track and now with Hov on it, there's no losing.
Strong Arm Steady - One Step Remix (ft. Crooked I, Jay Rock, Turf Talk) : This underground joint shows just how much talent is concealed under the industry's eye.
Too Short - This My One (ft. E-40) : Who doesn't want to stay up on their hyphy shit, especially when Forty Fonzerelli is at his side.


RIP Pimp C (UGK's Heaven). He did it big.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Keep gettin' that 'fetti, and do me a favor;
stay out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment