Monday, September 21, 2009

The Official Sequel to Madvillainy... Coming Soon?!



As a fan of pretty much every artist on the Stones Throw roster and indie/underground hip hop, I am ecstatic to announce that Madlib and DOOM are back in the studio. Word from xxlmag.com is they're currently working on the followup to their 2004 classic, "Madvillainy." I remember when Madvillainy came out, I had no clue what the big deal was regarding the crazy looking dude with the gladiator mask. There was quite a buzz surrounding the album and everyone was telling me that DOOM was one of the hottest MC's out. I'll admit I was reluctant to check for it at first, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. The album did not disappoint, and to this day it's on my top 10 favorite albums list. I have no doubt that this new project will live up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment