Saturday, September 26, 2009

Still Got It 4 Cheap

As November 10th approaches, my anticipation builds more and more for the new Clipse album, "'Til the Casket Drops." With production from The Neptunes, DJ Khalil, Diddy's production crew known as The Hitmen, and features from Kanye, Drake, and Cam'Ron, the album is set to be one of the finest of the year. The latest issue of Complex Magazine, which is quickly becoming my favorite music/lifestyle magazine, has a great feature story on the Clipse.


Anyways, in case you missed them, I wanted to post the three singles that have been released thus far. The DJ Khalil produced, Kanye West assisted, "Kinda Like a Big Deal," is armed with a fiery lead guitar, and the usual lyrical finesse that we've come to expect from Pusha, Malice, and Kanye. The song is a banger! Next up is the club-ready "Eyes On Me," which showcases a much different sound from the Clipse. With it's shiny synthesizers, and Keri Hilson on the hook, it's clear that the Thornton Bros. are aiming for radio. I'll admit that I was skeptical when I first heard it, but after hearing it in a few clubs of late, my opinion has changed for the better. It's definitely a good look for them, but best of all may be "I'm Good." With Pharrell adding his signature falsetto, it's beginning to climb higher and higher up the charts.


There are some haters out there that aren't feelin' the new direction the Clipse are goin' in, but for what it's worth, it's a great change of pace. Especially after the incredibly dark, but phenomenal "Hell Hath No Fury," which was my favorite album of 2006. I expect big things from the Thornton Bros. on November 10th.


Kinda Like A Big Deal ft. Kanye West


All Eyes On Me ft. Pharrell and Keri Hilson


I'm Good

No comments:

Post a Comment