Monday, November 16, 2009

Going In Hard


Travis Barker has been releasing "remixes" on popular tracks where he goes in on the drums over the original track. With all that talent, it's not surprising that he takes many of these tracks to whole other levels. The first release I heard was Travis drumming over Crank That back in the day and I was even impressed with that one.

He recently went over Slaughterhouse's The One, and I was hoping for the toughness of the track and the strength of his drumming to come together, but was left wanting more. That was until he released his remix of Drake's Forever. The added percussion track does something for the track that I thought had lost a lot of it's buzz because of being over-played.

This remix definitely made me appreciate the track one more time around and gave the song a renewed life. And the video below really let's you see the effort he puts in to make his touch on the track successful.

Drake ft. Travis Barker, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne, Eminem - Forever Remix


1 comment:

  1. travis kills every single remix he touches. he even made me like "crank that" once he added his magic to it

    ReplyDelete