Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Got My Degree From Professor X

Ninjasonik, reppin' Brooklyn, NY, is a group that recently caught my attention. They've been making noise on the independent music scene for about two years, but recently, Kanye West posted a video by these guys on his blog called, "Hold the Line (Darth BaƱo Remix)." Taking the beat from the song "Hold the Line" by Major Lazer, the front man from Ninjasonik goes on a 2 minute lyrical onslaught spittin' straight bars, with no hook. I was immediately drawn to it and bumped it multiple times in a row. Be sure to check out some of their other releases including the Tight Pants EP and Art School Girls. I gotta say the reason I'm really feelin' them is the message they send: be yourself. As corny as it may sound, there's way too much "following trends" these days in music, but these guys are completely original.





No comments:

Post a Comment