Monday, November 16, 2009

Put Em On Up


A lot of great hip-hop artists seem to be releasing their newest albums soon, but one I haven't heard too much buzz about is Snoop Dogg's tenth studio album, Malice N Wonderland. I have to admit, I haven't heard an outstanding Snoop verse in a while so I came in skeptical, and a lot of this doubt probably stems from the train wreck that is Sexual Seduction.

But I digress. I was played a couple leaked tracks off Snoop's new album, and like I have been experiencing a lot lately, I just needed more. None of the tracks were real stand outs and I have come to expect more from an industry veteran like Snoop.

Then I heard Upside Down. The beat and concept might be a little radio, but he really goes in. This goes back to some vintage Snoop. He changes up his flow a couple times throughout and it adds to the changes you hear in the production, done by Terrace Martin. Although I haven't heard much Nipsey Hussle or Problem, they are featured on the song and don't do much to take away from the Doggfather's success on the track. When you think the track is over after three solid minutes of straight hip-hop, Nipsey comes in and provides us with one more final verse. Here's to a new party anthem.

Snoop Dogg ft. Nipsey Hussle, Problem - Upside Down

No comments:

Post a Comment