Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Last 24 Hours...


I cannot remember a 24hr period in Hip Hop that has been this absurd. For those who are unaware of what I'm talking about, I'm going to break this up into 3 parts...

1) Last night, Lil Wayne dropped a brand new official mixtape called No Ceilings. I haven't listened to it all the way through yet, but I will say this... it is nice to hear Wayne really spittin' again. He sounds especially great on the D.O.A. and Run This Town beats. I'm gonna be bumpin' this for a while...


2) Just Blaze, my favorite producer, dropped an absolute bomb on everyone last night during Tony Touch's radio show on Shade45 radio. He premiered the song "Exhibit C" by Jay Electronica, as well as an unreleased NaS joint, and a cut off of Saigon's as-of-yet unreleased album, The Greatest Story Never Told. "Exhibit C" is insane. Period. I really have no other words to describe how hot it is, just check it out. The unreleased NaS song has one of the hardest/craziest beats I've heard in a while. How dare NaS not put this on whatever album it was meant for. Finally, the Saigon song, entiled "Friends & Enemies," is exactly the tight, introspective track you would expect from the former Entourage star. And as if these three gems weren't enough... just wait, there's more...

"Exhibit C" ... "Eatin' wack rappers alive, shittin' out chains"... Jay kills this track

3) After last night, I thought things couldn't get any better. Then I woke up this morning only to see that Saigon leaked another song off of The Greatest Story Never Told called, "It's Alright." Produced by Kanye West & Just Blaze (!), and with Marsha Ambrosius on the hook, it's a beautiful song off of what has long been one of my most anticipated albums. Sai also released a song called "Say Yes Pt. 2 (The Art of Storyrhymin'), although I'm pretty sure it's not on TGSNT. Finally, Jay Electronica decided to drop another unreleased song called "2 Step." Not as hot as "Exhibit C," but worth checking out nonetheless.


For more Jay Electronica, make sure you check out "Who's Next? Part 1," if you haven't already. "Who's Next? Pt. 6" coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment