Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back By Popular Demand


I don't think I have been this excited for something in a long time. (Maybe besides Modern Warfare 2). One of my all time favorite rap groups, The Clipse, are finally releasing their third studio album Till The Casket Drops. The date is December 8th, so mark your calendars.

This album is complete with usual release date push-backs and leaked tracks as any Clipse album would be. This honestly makes me want the album more. Kinda Like A Big Deal was dope, All Eyes On Me got me moving, I'm Good added a some more buzz, but this newest leak seems to bring me back to the old, gritty Clipse that I fell in love with. Like Mr. Evans, Hell Hath No Fury was my favorite album of 2006 - one of the few albums I purchased that year.

I'm looking for a little of the same from the Thornton brothers, and I hope we hear some real quality material released. With production from the Neptunes, the Hitmen, and DJ Khalil, as well as numerous features, I can see this album as hopefully nothing short of a success so those who doubt The Clipse can be silenced.

Hopefully Popeye's can do it's best to hold listeners over until it's released. Cam's verse sort of left me wanting more, but the Neptune's beat as well as Pharrell on the hook keep this song is constant rotation. And I think it goes without saying that Pusha T and Malice go in hard on every verse.

The Clipse ft. Pharrell, Cam'ron - Popular Demand (Popeye's)


For the three earlier leaked track's, check out Mr. Evan's post Still Got It 4 Cheap. Definitely worth the second look.

No comments:

Post a Comment