Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Return of the Ultimate Hustler


Dame Dash, the mastermind behind Roc-A-Fella records, has been gone for too long. After a pricey divorce, and some poor business decisions, Dame seemingly disappeared from the music industry. Now, however, he is making his triumphant return. Teaming up with the Blues/Rock group The Black Keys, he is producing a compilation album called Blac Roc. With an impressive internet marketing ploy, it has quickly become my most anticipated album for the remainder of the '09 year. The CD will be eleven songs, featuring eleven different artists including Mos Def, RZA, Ludacris, Billy Danze of M.O.P., Jim Jones, Q-Tip, Pharoahe Monch, Ol' Dirty Bastard, and Raekwon among others. The album is due for release on 'Black Friday,' which is generally the Friday after Thanksgiving. The first single off the album is called "Hoochie Coo" and features Mos Def & Jim Jones. I've had it in constant rotation, and it's probably my current favorite song so be sure to check it out.

You can view the trailer for the project here, and also watch various web-episodes on their website.


2 comments:

  1. Yo Evan what UP--good shit on the blog thus far, I like what you and the Magic organization are doin...I could do a better job than both of you, but that's not relevant to the point of my comment..."Who's Next?" is a hott feature. I get it now--not necessarily who's the next young gun out there (speaking of, what's good w Cory Gunz? I hear he nice), but just who's next to make their splash in the hip hop scene. I like it.

    I tried to bbm you about the Dom Kennedy mixtape but you seemed mad busy (most likely knee deep in the RZA book) so I decided I would just drop by the blog (as you have negative twelve shout-outs this week). I listened to it once and I can say I was definitely feelin it. I like dude's whole style. Plus I like his name for some reason. Put the mixtape link in the same paragraph as the words that describe it! I just scanned some shit and almost DL'd 25th Hour instead of FutureStreet/DrugSounds cuz at a glance it looked like that was the one you were describing as Top 5 of '09 (which, by the way, is a statement I'm gonna have really look into. Big time).

    Good shit having The Come Up on here. Your link to the What The Fuck Is A Jay Electronica tape is no longer working though so fix that shit.

    I have been waiting patiently for you to announce in one of your posts that I have the Muhammad Ali zip-up Snoop is wearing in the photo you've got up there of him, Dre and Game (can somebody do some research on 50's opinion of this reunion? YO). Come on bro, don't hate.

    This is so out of place but you need to set up your fantasy bball team asap.

    I didn't see the RZA video on the Black Roc site nor did I see a link on the blog. People need to see that shit!

    Holla atcha boi on that Three 6 Mafia video. Mad tight. Song is dope too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett-

    Glad you like the blog, I was thinking about putting Cory Gunz in "Who's Next," but I've already got the 10 MC's I wanna use. I am gonna do a post on him eventually, though.

    FutureStreet/DrugSounds is definitely top 5 mixtapes, I stand by that... my bad for the confusion though. I'll make sure to fix the link for the Jay Elec mixtape, so thanks for pointing that out.

    I completely forgot you had the Muhammed Ali zip-up so, maybe I'll add that into the Detox post haha.

    (I set up my fantasy bball team)

    Also, go on the blak roc site and go to 'videos,' then go to video #4, and that is the video with RZA in it. It's dope.

    ReplyDelete